Who Should Attend
Individuals who maintain and troubleshoot electrical circuits or machine systems and need to learn more about how to apply their skills to relay-based machine functional safety systems should attend this course.
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
- Interpreting industrial electrical circuit schematics
- Maintaining industrial electrical circuits or machine systems
To enhance and facilitate the students’ learning experiences, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
- Student Manual includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities presented in this course
- Lab Book provides learning activities and hands-on practice. Solutions are included after each exercise for immediate feedback
- Troubleshooting Safety Systems Flowchart offers an overview of the decision-making process that can be used later on the job
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills you have learned through a variety of hands-on exercises using a Safety Components workstation (ABT-TDSAFCOMP). Exercises focus on the skills introduced in each lesson.
Next Level Learning
Once you have an understanding of the topics and skills covered in this course, you may want to attend specific safety training such as: